Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back to Work

Well it's official...I'm going back to work in two weeks! Jay's going to be stay-at-home papa for a couple of months and I'm going to head back a little early. The fact that I work from home obviously makes it a pretty easy decision. We can both be home! It's really the best of all worlds. And I'm looking forward to getting back to my other job. I'm so grateful for the situation I have, it's not lost on me as a new Mom how lucky I am and I'm feeling exceedingly grateful.

I'm also feeling grateful because Leo continues to thrive! We have a weigh-in later this week so hopefully he'll be up over 8lbs by then. It's been two weeks so I can't imagine he's not. He just keeps getting bigger. His head is getting bigger too, and he's holding it up! When you pick him up and hold him in your arms he really holds up his head well. When we do "tummy time" he still struggles a little bit to pull his head all the way up. But he moves it from side to side no problem. AND, the brutal diaper rash of the last couple of weeks is almost gone! Hooray!!! Butt paste is the greatest thing ever. No kidding, it's called "Butt Paste". And it rocks. Not sure if the "no dairy" orders from the doctor have also helped, so we'll see when I start to reintroduce some dairy later this week. Fingers crossed.

Leo is also coming off of some of his meds! He's off of the antibiotics (another reason I suspect the rash is getting better), off of the nasty orange vitamins that he puked up daily AND nearly off of the formula. He's nursing more during the day and I think taking more at each session. All in all, things are going very well. We think he's getting close to giving us a real smile...it always looks like he's just about to do it so I hope that means it's close. We can't wait for "interactive baby" stage.

And we have a new addition to the family...we got a Mac. I feel slightly guilty given my employer BUT I'm pretty much over that now that I'm using sweetness (as Stephen Colbert would say). Sweet sweetness. It's so pretty...and it works...and it doesn't have a virus like the old machine did. Plus I made up for my treason at the store by encouraging them to prominently place a couple of certain printers on the show floor. Just trying to do my part.

AND, we're getting ready for a big visit from Grandma. We're so looking forward to having her here for a bit. And in anticipation Jay is working hard at getting the downstairs office/guest room marginally ready...it'll be rustic but it'll be functional nonetheless. That's how we roll. Check out Mr. Leo snuggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment