Friday, April 23, 2010

Fridays and Friends

Yay it's Friday! Even in my new world of each day being pretty much the same, somehow Fridays always feel hopeful. More relaxed, excited about what's to come for the weekend...even if it's just the mundane. Somehow it's all better on Friday.

Leo was doing "fabulous" today, to quote his nurse. Still on the vapotherm of 5 (meaning they haven't started to ween him from it yet) BUT his oxygen level went down to 21% - he'd been hovering around 30% for most of the week, so this is a good step. Don't ask me the difference between the vapotherm setting of 5 and the percentage of oxygen...I'm in PR, I just repeat what the technical folks tell me without really worrying about understanding the details. Oh, I even got a shout out from the nurses for my milk supply today! Can I get a WOOT! It's crazy how very proud of myself I felt as I left the hospital today. Way to go girls!

Lots of celebratory-ness going on this weekend. Some Leo-related, some family-related. Can't wait to hang with everyone tomorrow.

And here's hoping the Red Wings can pull out another win tonight...losing in the first round really would just be a crying shame. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the milk production! Have a great, great weekend - will be thinking of y'all will be there in spirit.

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete