Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Mom's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there, not the least of which is my own. As my brother pointed out to me, one of the silver linings of this whole Leo coming early thing is that I get an extra Mother's Day out of it! And it was one heck of a first Mom's Day.

First off, Leo moved down to the ISCU today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's now a resident of the second floor, moving onto his next phase of growing before finally coming home. The staff had been telling us it was coming for days now and when we showed up this morning at the hospital we got the big news, that it was happening today. And to make it even better, Leo had an amazingly good feed with me and then went on this afternoon to take a full bottle for the first time!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a woot?! Here's a couple of photos of today, Grandma Nancy came out from Spokane for the weekend and got to hold him this morning.




And then, it was back home where my amazing husband gave me the best possible first Mother's Day gift I could imagine. Jay got us a tree...not just any tree, but a gorgeous Coral Bark Maple that we've been wanting for a while. The tree is Leo's tree, Jay says. We can look at it and watch it grow and become healthy and beautiful, just like our little guy. Needless to say this sort of thoughtfulness makes a crazy post-partum woman get a little weepy. And all I can say is that my husband rocks. And I cannot wait to watch this tree, planted in an old wine barrel, grow and thrive in our backyard for years to come...not unlike a certain little boy.

Happy Mother's Day, and here's to the next phase.


2 comments:

  1. I've been following ya'll progress from Tanzania. I'm so happy Leo's moving to the second floor and that you had such an amazing Mother's Day. Congratulations to your whole, entire, lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! The Leo tree made me get a little weepy too! And I'm not even close to a crazy post-partum woman!

    ReplyDelete