Thursday, May 20, 2010

Grumpy Pants

I was kind of a Debbie Downer in that last post. Not that I'm any less anxious to get him home than I was this morning but I had a great visit with Leo this morning which helped ease my frustration a bit. He took nearly a full feed from me for the first time! He's taken full bottles but not a full feed from me yet. So that was a big, big achievement for the little guy. Yay Leo!!!

I also ran into the Mom of Leo's NICU buddy and it was great to talk to other parents who are feeling the same frustration we are about how slow it takes to get these guys up on full feeds and home. So we had a great chat about the whole thing and that helped too. So I'm feeling better, not as grumpy, and now the house is being cleaned and that always makes me happy - particularly when I'm not the one cleaning. Wee.

2 comments:

  1. Can't blame you for being impatient. I'm impressed it hasn't shown up before now. Your his mom and he belongs at home... but he can't be there yet. Probably even harder because it's so close... hang in there. You know it will be soooo worth it! Big hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful that the house cleaning can be done while you do what you need for you. The weather will be back to summer in a few days so you can go out and have deck time to soak up the sun for a natural lift to the spirit. Time is on your side now. Leo is working harder, he wants to go home too.
    Hugs and kisses, XOXO

    ReplyDelete